Integrated Scientific Cloud Computing WorkflowsSC2IT: A Toolkit to Bring Novel Computational Science to Non-specialists
- K. Jorissen, W. Johnson, J.J. Rehr
- Corresponding Author
- K. Jorissen
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.25How to use a DOI?
- Cloud Computing; High-Performance Computing; Scientific Computing; Workflows; User Interface Design
- Scientific Cloud Computing (SCC) applies the advantages of Clouds to computational science. We present the SC2IT Scientific Cloud Computing tools that abstract complex computational workflows and allow state-of-the-art scientific high-performance computing software to be distributed in a user-friendly manner. We present Linux and Java “SC2IT” toolsets to manage virtual cloud clusters and implement scientific workflows. We demonstrate several GUIs that implement the “SC2IT” interface for materials science applications. In particular, the ClusterManager is a general-purpose SCC GUI to which new workflows can be added easily.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - K. Jorissen AU - W. Johnson AU - J.J. Rehr PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - Integrated Scientific Cloud Computing WorkflowsSC2IT: A Toolkit to Bring Novel Computational Science to Non-specialists BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.25 ID - Jorissen2013/07 ER -