Some preliminary reflections on the epistemology of Computational Theory of Perceptions
- Clara Barroso, Gracian Trivino
- Corresponding Author
- Clara Barroso
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.21How to use a DOI?
- Computational Theory of Perceptions, Epistemology
- The impressive practical applications is one of the main reasons of success of Fuzzy Logic. The Computational Theory of Perceptions (CTP) is an extension of this theory that has not yet reached the same level of applicability. We believe that a review of the fundamentals of CTP from a epistemological perspective would provide useful insights to contribute to energize its development. This is a very preliminary paper where we make some reflections on epistemological aspects of CTP. We have used three representative Zadeh's papers to extract a set of relevant sentences describing CTP. Then, we analyzed this corpus of information from various epistemological points of view to obtain some provisional conclusions.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Clara Barroso AU - Gracian Trivino PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Some preliminary reflections on the epistemology of Computational Theory of Perceptions BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 605 EP - 612 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.21 ID - Barroso2011/08 ER -