Combining the -Plane Representation with an Interval Defuzzification Method
- Sarah Greenfield, Francisco Chiclana
- Corresponding Author
- Sarah Greenfield
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.25How to use a DOI?
- type-reduction, -Plane Representation, Karnik-Mendel Iterative Procedure, Greenfield-Chiclana Collapsing Defuzzifier, NieTan Method
- This paper is concerned with the defuzzification of the discretised generalised type-2 fuzzy set. In 2008 Liu proposed the -Plane Representation -- a decomposition of the generalised type-2 set into horizontal slices termed `-planes'. An -plane is akin to an interval type-2 fuzzy set. The -Plane Representation must be used in conjunction with an interval defuzzification method: The three main options are 1. the Karnik-Mendel Iterative Procedure, 2. the Greenfield-Chiclana Collapsing Defuzzifier, or 3. the Nie-Tan Method. The experiments recorded in this paper address the question, "Which is the best interval defuzzification method for the -Plane Representation to be combined with?"
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sarah Greenfield AU - Francisco Chiclana PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Combining the -Plane Representation with an Interval Defuzzification Method BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 920 EP - 927 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.25 ID - Greenfield2011/08 ER -