Statistical analysis of a smoothing filter based on fuzzy transform
- Michal Holcapek, Tomáš Tichý
- Corresponding Author
- Michal Holcapek
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.27How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy transform, smoothing filter, statistical analysis, white noise reduction
- The paper is devoted to the smoothing of discrete functions using the fuzzy transform (shortly, Ftransform) introduced by Perfilieva in . We generalize a smoothing filter based on the fuzzy transform proposed in  to obtain a better control on the smoothed functions. For this purpose, a generalization of the concept of fuzzy partition is suggested and the smoothing filter is defined as a combination of the direct discrete F-transform and a slightly modified inverse continuous F-transform. Statistical properties including the description of the white noise reduction and the asymptotic expression of Bias and Var are investigated and discussed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Michal Holcapek AU - Tomáš Tichý PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Statistical analysis of a smoothing filter based on fuzzy transform BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 472 EP - 479 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.27 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.27 ID - Holcapek2011/08 ER -