A new method coupling simulation and a hybrid metaheuristic to solve a multiobjective hybrid flowshop scheduling problem
- Xiaohui Li, Hicham Chehade, Farouk Yalaoui, Lionel Amodeo
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaohui Li
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.33How to use a DOI?
- Hybrid flowshop, Multiobjective optimization, Fuzzy logic, NSGA-II, ARENA, Simulation
- In this paper, we have studied a multiobjective hybrid flowshop scheduling problem where n independent jobs should be executed in a hybrid assembly line. The aim of our work is to optimize the makespan and the total tardiness of the whole production. A simulation based optimization algorithm is proposed here to solve this problem. It is a combination of the simulation software ARENA and the FLC-NSGA-II optimization method. The latter uses a fuzzy logic controller to adjust the crossover and the mutation probabilities, in order to enhance the research ability of the traditional NSGA-II algorithm. This method is first compared with the industrial solutions, and then with NSGA-II. The result shows the efficiency and the feasibility of our proposed method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaohui Li AU - Hicham Chehade AU - Farouk Yalaoui AU - Lionel Amodeo PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - A new method coupling simulation and a hybrid metaheuristic to solve a multiobjective hybrid flowshop scheduling problem BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 1082 EP - 1089 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.33 ID - Li2011/08 ER -