Varieties of Vagueness, Fuzziness and a few foundational (and ontological) questions
- Marco Elio Tabacchi, Settimo Termini
- Corresponding Author
- Marco Elio Tabacchi
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.57How to use a DOI?
- Vagueness, fuzziness, language, meaning
- In this paper we discuss the multifaceted nature of vagueness, the limits of (standard) set theory in dealing with the foundational aspects that a really innovating theory of vagueness should manifest, and the difficulties in outlining the possible features that such a type of new formalism should exhibit in order to be able to deal with such innovative aspects. We shall highlight some aspects of the role that Fuzzy Set Theory (FST) can play in this process.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Marco Elio Tabacchi AU - Settimo Termini PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Varieties of Vagueness, Fuzziness and a few foundational (and ontological) questions BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 578 EP - 583 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.57 ID - Tabacchi2011/08 ER -