Model Inversion using Extended Gradual Intervals Arithmetic
- Reda Boukezzoula, Laurent Foulloy, Sylvie Galichet
- Corresponding Author
- Reda Boukezzoula
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.58How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy and Gradual Interval Arithmetic, Extended Gradual Intervals, Exact Inverse operators, Midpoint-Radius Representation, Gradual Interval Model Inversion.
- Recently, gradual numbers have been introduced as a means of extending standard interval computation methods to fuzzy and gradual intervals. However, it is well known that the practical use of standard interval arithmetic operators, just as their fuzzy extension, gives results more imprecise than necessary. In this paper, we combine the concepts of gradual numbers and Kaucher arithmetic on extended intervals to define extended gradual interval arithmetic where subtraction and division operators are respectively the inverse operators of the addition and the multiplication. They are applied to a control problem based on the inversion of a linear model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Reda Boukezzoula AU - Laurent Foulloy AU - Sylvie Galichet PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Model Inversion using Extended Gradual Intervals Arithmetic BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 757 EP - 762 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.58 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.58 ID - Boukezzoula2011/08 ER -