Fuzzy based subcutaneous fat assessment in real time ultrasound images
- Pedro Couto, Severiano Silva, Edurne Barrenechea, Ana Santos, Pedro Melo-Pinto
- Corresponding Author
- Pedro Couto
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.83How to use a DOI?
- Atanassov's Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, Entropy, Multi-thresholding
- The present work addresses the study of techniques of digital image processing based on fuzzy logic for subcutaneous fat (SF) estimation in real time ultrasound (RTU) images. The process for SF automatic estimation in RTU images is divided into two steps: the identification of the image area corresponding to the SF regions and, from these regions, the SF estimation. In order to deal with the ambiguity present in the gray levels of RTU images, fuzzy logic based methods are used. Experimental results are also presented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Pedro Couto AU - Severiano Silva AU - Edurne Barrenechea AU - Ana Santos AU - Pedro Melo-Pinto PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Fuzzy based subcutaneous fat assessment in real time ultrasound images BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 350 EP - 357 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.83 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.83 ID - Couto2011/08 ER -