Induced Unbalanced Linguistic Ordered Weighted Average
- Lucas Marin, José M. Merigó, Aida Valls, Antonio Moreno, David Isern
- Corresponding Author
- Lucas Marin
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.88How to use a DOI?
- Aggregation operator; Unbalanced fuzzy sets; Order inducing variables; Linguistic variables.
- Aggregation operators for linguistic variables usually assume a uniform and symmetrical distribution of the linguistic terms that define the variable. This paper defines the Induced Unbalanced Linguistic Ordered Weighted Average (IULOWA). This aggregator takes into account the fuzzy membership functions of the terms during the aggregation operations of the pairs of terms. There is no restriction on the form of the membership functions of the terms, which can be triangular or trapezoidal, non-symmetrical and non-equally distributed. Moreover, the paper proposes to use the specificity and fuzziness measures of the terms to induce the order of the arguments, providing some examples of this criterion in decision making.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lucas Marin AU - José M. Merigó AU - Aida Valls AU - Antonio Moreno AU - David Isern PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Induced Unbalanced Linguistic Ordered Weighted Average BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 1 EP - 8 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.88 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.88 ID - Marin2011/08 ER -