A numerical distance based on fuzzy partitions
- Serge Guillaume, Brigitte Charnomordic, Patrice Loisel
- Corresponding Author
- Serge Guillaume
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.99How to use a DOI?
- Similarity, interpretable, expert knowledge, k-means, clustering
- This work studies a new distance function which takes into account expert knowledge by making use of fuzzy partitions. It considers the symbolic distances between concepts and is equivalent to the Euclidean distance for regular partitions made of triangular membership functions. Its behaviour is investigated in comparison with that of the Euclidean distance and its interest is shown for clustering applications.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Serge Guillaume AU - Brigitte Charnomordic AU - Patrice Loisel PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - A numerical distance based on fuzzy partitions BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 1000 EP - 1006 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.99 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.99 ID - Guillaume2011/08 ER -