Design of unknown input fuzzy observer for vehicle dynamics estimation with road geometry consideration
- Hamid Dahmani, Mohammed Chadli, Abdelhamid Rabhi, Achmed El Hajjaji
- Corresponding Author
- Hamid Dahmani
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.116How to use a DOI?
- Unknown input fuzzy observer, vehicle dynamics, road geometry estimation, LMI.
- A methodology for estimating vehicle dynamics whith road geometry consideration is presented in this paper. Vehicle sideslip and roll parameters are estimated in the presence of the road bank angle and the road curvature as unknown inputs. The unknown inputs are then estimated using the observer results. This information about the road geometry and vehicle parameters is needed in the driver assistance systems to be able to calculate the risk index of a rollover or a lane departure crashes. Taking into account the unmeasured variables, an unknown inputs (TS) observer is then designed on the basis of the measure of the roll rate, the steering angle and the lateral offset given by the distance between the road centerline and the vehicle axe at a look-ahead distance. Synthesis conditions of the proposed fuzzy observer are formulated in terms of Linear Matrix Inequalities (LMI) using Lyapunov method. Simulation results show good efficiency of the proposed method to estimate both vehicle dynamics and road geometry.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hamid Dahmani AU - Mohammed Chadli AU - Abdelhamid Rabhi AU - Achmed El Hajjaji PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - Design of unknown input fuzzy observer for vehicle dynamics estimation with road geometry consideration BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 811 EP - 816 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.116 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.116 ID - Dahmani2011/08 ER -