A Risk Analysis of the Customer for Deposit Products in Islamic and Conventional Banking
- Badria Muntashofi, Faris Azka
- Corresponding Author
- Badria Muntashofi
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.25How to use a DOI?
- risk analysis, deposit product, conventional banking
- There are currently two types of deposits in the banking world. Ie deposit products of two different banking systems; conventional banking and Islamic banking. From the years 2011-2013 phenomenon decline in deposits (deposits) on Islamic banking and conventional, as well as the fact there is a deposit as an investment vehicle that attracted many customers. Customers or depositors as investors, of course, customers will consider the level of benefits and the level of risk in investment. This study analyzes the risk of deposits in conventional banks in Islamic banks from the customer point of view. The study used Value at Risk (VaR) method with variance covariance approach. The data were collected from 2011 to 2013. The results showed that in that year the average level of risk in Islamic bank deposits higher than average level of risk deposits in conventional banks.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Badria Muntashofi AU - Faris Azka PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - A Risk Analysis of the Customer for Deposit Products in Islamic and Conventional Banking BT - 2016 Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.25 ID - Muntashofi2016/08 ER -