FLIGHT OPERATION HOME BASE AT ISKANDAR AIRPORT IN PANGKALANBUN CENTRAL KALIMANTAN AND OBSTACLES FACED BY THE AIRLINES IN CONNECTION TO AIRCRAFT UTILIZATION
- Aditya Wardana, Indra Yuzal, Tito Warsito
- Corresponding Author
- Aditya Wardana
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.27How to use a DOI?
- The growth of potential passengers, airport constrain and aircraft utilization
- The development of the aviation industry (Expert, n.d.) affect the growth of potential passengers in various areas of the Country and province. In line with the regional autonomy, the need for communication and transportation between regency cities and provincial capital cities and state capital city, also contributes to stimulate the need for air transportation in this segment. The potential market certainly had invited airlines to develop the route from and to the region and provinces in Kalimantan. As a consequence of the growth in passenger such good enough has led to competition between airlines in Kalimantan. According to air transportation regulation in indonesia, the routes are considered as middle traffic routes and determined as limited operator routes, so that they may be operated only by several operators having turboprop aircrafts and jet aircraft with not more than 148 seater. Several airlines have established a base of operations of aircraft in the area of the Country as an effort to win the competition and to give assurance of the flight for the local community. However, the base of operations constraints both in operational and non-operational activities such as the weather, so that all airlines that will put the aircraft in the region should do analysis appropriately both in technical aspects as well as operational aspects due to economical operation. Another evaluation is how far the aircraft utilization can be achieved properly and optimally. This study will ultimately provide an overview of the extent to which the readiness of airports located in the district may serve the best possible flights.(Yusuf, 2012)
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aditya Wardana AU - Indra Yuzal AU - Tito Warsito PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - FLIGHT OPERATION HOME BASE AT ISKANDAR AIRPORT IN PANGKALANBUN CENTRAL KALIMANTAN AND OBSTACLES FACED BY THE AIRLINES IN CONNECTION TO AIRCRAFT UTILIZATION BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.27 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.27 ID - Wardana2017/11 ER -