SHIFTING AIRCRAFT FROM UNCOMMON TO COMMON
- Puti Allia Rahmadhani, Garnis Nidyaningsih, Aditya Wardana, Nursery Nasution
- Corresponding Author
- Puti Allia Rahmadhani
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.42How to use a DOI?
- commonality, direct maintenance cost, aircraft, airlines economic, maintenance facility
- Aircraft maintenance facility is the second contributor of all operating cost in the airlines. In fact, the cost of maintenance facility continuously increases in the last five years. Therefore, airline business has to reduce their operating cost, especially for direct maintenance cost. Maintenance cost is defined by the type of maintenance implemented in the aircraft, other than that fleet commonality concept also affects the level of maintenance. In general, type of the maintenance is divided into two categories; preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance. Between these two categories, corrective maintenance is the one which contribute high cost for direct maintenance cost of the aircraft. Reducing the maintenance cost is a pivotal thing to improve economy of the airlines company. This paper explains how fleet commonality influence direct maintenance cost in airlines business using descriptive method
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Puti Allia Rahmadhani AU - Garnis Nidyaningsih AU - Aditya Wardana AU - Nursery Nasution PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - SHIFTING AIRCRAFT FROM UNCOMMON TO COMMON BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.42 ID - Rahmadhani2017/11 ER -