Problematic Issues of Cost Accounting Policies in Russian Companies
- Olga D. Kaverina, Polina M. Lebedeva, Tatiana O. Terenteva
- Corresponding Author
- Olga D. Kaverina
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.22How to use a DOI?
- Policy, management decisions, cost accounting
- Cost information forms the basis for a range of business decision-making and is also needed for financial reporting. The requirements to such information are differentiated, which leads to the need for application of costing methods and procedures, with their variants established in internal company regulations. This paper presents the results of a study aiming to prove the research question about insufficient regulation of costing procedures in contemporary Russia, which results in risks of making inefficient managerial decisions due to presentation of irrelevant information. The paper substantiates the conclusion that accounting policies present a narrow and non-alternative list of items related to costing. Reasons behind this phenomenon are analysed and organized by factors. The paper suggests developing cost accounting policies for companies on the grounds of necessary conditions and key parameters.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Olga D. Kaverina AU - Polina M. Lebedeva AU - Tatiana O. Terenteva PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Problematic Issues of Cost Accounting Policies in Russian Companies BT - 5th International Conference on Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation (ICAAT 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.22 ID - Kaverina2016/12 ER -