Research of Meteorological Facsimile Map Vectorization Algorithm
- Ling ling Feng, Guo qing Qi
- Corresponding Author
- Ling ling Feng
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.29How to use a DOI?
- Meteorological facsimile maps, annotation, isobars, vectorization.
- An algorithm for extracting information from meteorological facsimile maps and transform the map into vector format is proposed. The algorithm contains two parts. The first one is annotation information extraction method based on the regular pattern of position and angle, the second part is isobars vectorization based on tracking and filtering. As the annotations change with latitude line, relevant characters can be extracted on the basis of removing the base map and then thinning the isobars. After removing noise and connecting broken isobars, seamless and smooth isobars are extracted by means of - filtering. Then extracted isobars are approximated by polygonal lines to compress the data of isobars. Experiments show that the proposed algorithm can extract annotation and vectorize isobars.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ling ling Feng AU - Guo qing Qi PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Research of Meteorological Facsimile Map Vectorization Algorithm BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.29 ID - Feng2013/08 ER -