A Modified Staged Continuous Tabu Search Algorithm
- Feng chen Wang, Rong hua Ji, Li jun Qi, Wan lin Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Feng chen Wang
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.45How to use a DOI?
- Global optimization, Tabu search algorithm, Neighborhoods structure, Selection range
- Based on the staged continuous tabu search (SCTS) algorithm, a modified staged continuous tabu search (MSCTS) algorithm is proposed in this paper to improve the convergence, speed and robustness of tabu search (TS) algorithm. The improvements focus on the selection method of the neighborhoods in MSCTS algorithm. The generation of neighborhoods is guided by the multidimensional normal distribution function. In multidimensional normal distribution function, the mean value is the current optimal solution and the standard deviation is produced by the difference vector of the objective function at the current optimal solution. The range setting of neighborhood is different at different stage. 9 typical functions are used to test the performance of MSCTS and SCTS algorithm respectively. There are 5 indexes to evaluate the performance of both algorithms. The tests results show that MSCTS algorithm is good at dealing with the multivariate optimization problems. The calculated optimum solution for multi-variable function by MSCTS algorithm is about 5 to 17 times as near to the theoretical optimum solution as that of SCTS algorithm. As to the same test function, the calculation speed of MSCTS algorithm is about 3 to 17 times as many as that of SCTS algorithm. At the same time, the application of MSCTS algorithm is more extensive.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feng chen Wang AU - Rong hua Ji AU - Li jun Qi AU - Wan lin Gao PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - A Modified Staged Continuous Tabu Search Algorithm BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.45 ID - Wang2013/08 ER -