A Study of Image Segmentation Based on Level Set Method
- Xiao wei Chang, Dao wang Li, Yi hong Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Xiao wei Chang
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.91How to use a DOI?
- Image segmentation, level set, active contour mode.
- Geometric active contour model has many advantages over parametric active contour model, such as computational simplicity and the ability to change curve topology during deformation, et al. The level set method is a class of curve evolution methods based on the geometry active contour model. Level set method coupled with curve evolution theory conquers many limitations of traditional snakes, which widens the utilization of active contours model. Moreover, by analyzing latest level set method, this paper summarizes the research, development and applications of active contour model. Finally, this paper points out future research orientations on the theories and applications research of level set method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiao wei Chang AU - Dao wang Li AU - Yi hong Xu PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - A Study of Image Segmentation Based on Level Set Method BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.91 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.91 ID - Chang2013/08 ER -