Linking personality traits and job satisfaction to creativity
- Qin xuan Gu, Ming chuan Yu, Yu Guan
- Corresponding Author
- Qin xuan Gu
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.118How to use a DOI?
- the Big Five, proactive personality, creativity, job satisfaction.
- In this study, we examine the roles of job satisfaction and proactive personality in the relationship between the four Big Five traits and creativity. Regression analysis is used to test the hypotheses in a sample of 162 respondents. The results show that extraversion and agreeable are positively related to job satisfaction but openness to experience is negatively related to job satisfaction, job satisfaction partially mediates the relationship between openness to experience and creativity. In addition, the study finds that proactive personality positively moderates the relationship between openness to experience and creativity. The theoretical and managerial implications are also discussed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qin xuan Gu AU - Ming chuan Yu AU - Yu Guan PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Linking personality traits and job satisfaction to creativity BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.118 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.118 ID - Gu2013/08 ER -