A Novel Image Retrieval Method Based on Color Autocorrelogram and Mutual Information
- Xin ning Shen, Xiao long Wang, Jian hong Du
- Corresponding Author
- Xin ning Shen
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.141How to use a DOI?
- Image Retrieval, Color Feature, Color Correlation, Color Mutual Information, Feature Normalization.
- This paper presents a novel color feature descriptor, namely Color Mutual Information (CMI), to solve the problems of high computational complexity and low retrieval accuracy among the existing methods. The new color feature vector which describes the global and spatial distribution relation among different colors is obtained by calculating the average mutual information between one color and all the colors around it in the color correlation feature matrix, thus reducing the computational complexity. Inter-feature normalization has been applied in the combination of Color Mutual Information and Color Autocorrelogram (CA) to enhance the retrieval accuracy. The experimental result show that, in the circumstance with either invariable illumination or variable illumination, the newly integrated algorithm Color Autocorrelogram and Mutual Information (CAMI) performs better in terms of computational complexity, real-time response speed and retrieval accuracy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xin ning Shen AU - Xiao long Wang AU - Jian hong Du PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - A Novel Image Retrieval Method Based on Color Autocorrelogram and Mutual Information BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.141 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.141 ID - Shen2013/08 ER -