A Computational Model for Processing Object Motion Based on Retina Neural Mechanism
- Zhi hua Hu, Xiao Luo, Zhong ze Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Zhi hua Hu
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.167How to use a DOI?
- retina neural mechanism, retina neural network, object motion detection, computational model.
- In this paper, a bioinspired neural model for detecting object motion based on retina computational machanism is proposed based on synthesizing representative works on modeling retina and incorporating some latest findings on retina mechanisms. To understand more in-depth the retina machanism of motion detection, the spatio-temporal properties of each type of neurons in the retina motion pathway are then mathematically analyzed. And then a set of experiments and quantitative analysis of the experimental results are accomplished for assessing the model performance on motion detection. Experimental results show the effectiveness of this proposed model on detecting object motion.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhi hua Hu AU - Xiao Luo AU - Zhong ze Chen PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - A Computational Model for Processing Object Motion Based on Retina Neural Mechanism BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.167 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.167 ID - Hu2013/08 ER -