Automated Fiber Placement Approach over Open-contoured Sculptured Surface
- Shuyun Meng, Xiulan Wen, Hanzhong Liu, Youxiong Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Shuyun Meng
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.5How to use a DOI?
- sculptured surface; fiber placement;a family of wraps
- By using the characteristic of tows and the core module surface, also including the demand of fiber placement, a family of wraps as fiber placement reference curves are presented based on equidistant calculation. A new algorithm for fiber placement of open contoured sculptured surface is proposed. Combined with the placement direction and the motion control parameter of the fiber placement head, a series of discrete placement points are obtained by projection using differential geometry theory. This algorithm can be applied in a variety of surface with equation description. The simulation shows that the algorithm is feasible and effective.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shuyun Meng AU - Xiulan Wen AU - Hanzhong Liu AU - Youxiong Xu PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Automated Fiber Placement Approach over Open-contoured Sculptured Surface BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.5 ID - Meng2015/10 ER -