Large Deformation Analysis for Flexure Hinged Displacement Amplifier based on Minimum Potential Energy
- Zhangyi Kang, Yong Cheng, Yueling Yu, Xiaoyin Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Zhangyi Kang
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.69How to use a DOI?
- Flexure hinge; Displacement amplifier, Large deformation analysis
- This paper presents a method for large deformation analysis for flexure hinged displacement amplifier by minimum potential energy. The flexure hinged displacement amplifier is widely used in micro electromechanical system, micro manipulation, gyroscopes. Different from conventional hinge, monolithic flexure hinge has the advantages of no friction, no wear, no backlash. With the great development, flexure hinge is not just applied in the elastic stage. But the nonlinear analysis of large deformation restricts the application of flexure hinge. This paper presents a method for large deformation analysis for flexure hinged displacement. The difference between small deformation and large deformation is discussed. And then a bridge-type displacement amplifier is designed and its performance is studied by MPE. The results by MPE and FEA is compared.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhangyi Kang AU - Yong Cheng AU - Yueling Yu AU - Xiaoyin Hu PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Large Deformation Analysis for Flexure Hinged Displacement Amplifier based on Minimum Potential Energy BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.69 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.69 ID - Kang2015/10 ER -