Mold-filling and Solidification Simulation of Grey Iron in Lost-Foam Casting
- Mingguo Xie, Changan Zhu, Jianxin Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Mingguo Xie
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.78How to use a DOI?
- Grey cast iron, Lost foam casting, Simulation
- According to characteristic of Lost Foam Casting (LFC) processes and considering the metal flow pattern decomposition gas pressure impediment, interface elapse model is established base on gap pressure as boundary of front of melt flow. Corresponding numerical solution method is applied to simulate filling and solidification process of LFC. To verify the validity of the model, basic test model is introduced and compared the simulation results between LFC and general gravity sand casting. Finally, practical casting design of grey iron in LFC is given. The application shows that the proposed models could effectively predict the possible defect, and provide useful guidance for designer to optimize casting process solutions to directly improve the actual production.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mingguo Xie AU - Changan Zhu AU - Jianxin Zhou PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Mold-filling and Solidification Simulation of Grey Iron in Lost-Foam Casting BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.78 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.78 ID - Xie2015/10 ER -