Natural Frequency Numerical Solution to an Axially Moving Timoshenko Beam on Fixed Supports
- Zhigang Yang, Wanzhen Li, Zhenxing Yang, Jiguang Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Zhigang Yang
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.172How to use a DOI?
- Timoshenko model; axially moving beams; natural frequencies; Galerkin method; differential quadrature method
- In this paper, natural frequencies of axially moving beams on fixed supports are analyzed based on Timoshenko model by performing the Galerkin method and the differential quadrature method. Some numerical examples are presented to demonstrate the effects of related parameters on the frequencies, such as the axial speed and the stiffness. The results obtained by the differential quadrature method and the complex mode approach have a good agreement; while the results obtained with the Galerkin method are a little different.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhigang Yang AU - Wanzhen Li AU - Zhenxing Yang AU - Jiguang Zhang PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Natural Frequency Numerical Solution to an Axially Moving Timoshenko Beam on Fixed Supports BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.172 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.172 ID - Yang2015/10 ER -