Shortcut nitrification-denitrification can be attributed to the operation pattern of intermittent aeration profile
- C.D. Gao, S.S. Fan, E.L. Jiao, Y. Tian, R.F. Li
- Corresponding Author
- C.D. Gao
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.185How to use a DOI?
- Intermittent aeration profile; shortcut nitrification-denitrification; SBR; predenitrification
- In this study, two lab-scale reactors were set up and operated in this study, include a sequencing batch reactor for batch tests and a continuous predenitrification bioreactor for regular operation. Batch tests fed by Synthetic wastewater (acetate) and operated in intermittent aeration profile, demonstrate that the alternating anoxic/aerobic condition can inhibit NOB and induce nitrite accumulation from vary first time, though the sludge is collected from a complete nitrification-denitrification process. Intermittent aeration profile applied on a continuous predenitrification reactor treating low-strengthen municipal wastewater and realized partial shortcut nitrification-denitrification without changing any other operation parameters, which increased TN re-moval rate from average 60% to 70% without add extra carbon resources.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - C.D. Gao AU - S.S. Fan AU - E.L. Jiao AU - Y. Tian AU - R.F. Li PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Shortcut nitrification-denitrification can be attributed to the operation pattern of intermittent aeration profile BT - 5th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.185 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icadme-15.2015.185 ID - Gao2015/10 ER -