The Effect of e-Book on Students’ Learning Styles A Study in Terengganu, Malaysia
- W. Roslina, S. Fahmy, Z. Fariha, N. Haslinda, A. Yacob, N. Sukinah, N. Suhana
- Corresponding Author
- W. Roslina
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.45How to use a DOI?
- e-Book; Malaysia; Terengganu; Learning.
- Electronic Book or e-Book has been adopted in the education system throughout the worlddue to its positive effect to the learning environment. This paper is a part of a continuous research effort in the Malaysian e-Book project with the aim of investigating the effect of e-Book on students’ learning style. A questionnaire is administered to a small sample of school children in the State of Terengganu. Results show that the IT-literacy rate among respondents is high (87%); e-Book is mostly used in school (53%), but not fully utilized and adopted (40%); the main reason for using e-Book is academic related (98.6%); and class sessions are perceived more enjoyable (95.8%) and interesting (90.1%). The use of e-Book has also open new communication channels between friends although traditional communication channels are still used between family members. Respondents also report that they are more willing to do homework with the aid of e-Book as opposed to the traditional paper-and-pencil method. It is hoped that this study has given new insights regarding the effect of e-Book to students’ learning style, thus building a solid foundation for future research in the Malaysian e-Book project.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - W. Roslina AU - S. Fahmy AU - Z. Fariha AU - N. Haslinda AU - A. Yacob AU - N. Sukinah AU - N. Suhana PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - The Effect of e-Book on Students’ Learning Styles A Study in Terengganu, Malaysia BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.45 ID - Roslina2013/08 ER -