Data Mining Approach for Making Prediction of Students Success
- Edin Osmanbegovi, Haris Agi, Mirza Suljic
- Corresponding Author
- Edin Osmanbegovi
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.145How to use a DOI?
- data mining, classification, secondary school education,
- Although data mining represents the computational method of data processing, its use in education is still relatively new, i.e. its use is intended for discovering implicit, previously unknown, and useful knowledge out of existing data with an aim to make quality decisions in function of improvement of education system. The study was conducted by surveying the population of high school students in Tuzla Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina (sample included about 10% of the student population, i.e. 1645 student). Using four different data mining algorithms the aim was to develop a model which can derive the conclusion of secondary level students' success.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Edin Osmanbegovi AU - Haris Agi AU - Mirza Suljic PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Data Mining Approach for Making Prediction of Students Success BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.145 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.145 ID - Osmanbegovi2013/08 ER -