Design and Realization of Digital Pulse Compression in Pulsed Radars Based on Linear Frequency Modulation (LFM) Waveforms Using FPGA
- H. A. Said, A. A. El-Kouny, A. E. El-Henawey
- Corresponding Author
- H. A. Said
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.165How to use a DOI?
- FPGA, Linear frequency modulation, Digital pulse compression.
- Pulse compression is a method for achieving most of the benefits of a short pulse while keeping within the practical constraints of the peak power limitation. It is usually a suitable substitute for the short pulse waveform except when a long minimum range might be a problem or when maximum immunity to repeater ECM is desired. Pulse compression radars, in addition to overcoming the peak-power limitations, have an EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) advantage in that they can be made more tolerant to mutual interference. This is achieved by allowing each pulse-compression radar that operates within a given band to have its own characteristic modulation and its own particular matched filter.. In this paper, we shall implement (LFM) linear frequency modulation digital pulse compression technique using (FPGA) which has distinct advantages compared to other application specific integrated circuits (ASIC) for the purposes of this work. The FPGA provides flexibility, for example, full reconfiguration in milli-seconds and permits a complete single chip solution.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - H. A. Said AU - A. A. El-Kouny AU - A. E. El-Henawey PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Design and Realization of Digital Pulse Compression in Pulsed Radars Based on Linear Frequency Modulation (LFM) Waveforms Using FPGA BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.165 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.165 ID - Said2013/08 ER -