Journalism in the Era of New Media
- Ján Viš ovský, Jana Radošinská
- Corresponding Author
- Ján Viš ovský
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.63How to use a DOI?
- journalism, the press, the Internet, new media.
- The paper deals with the impact of new media (the Internet and new communication devices) on the traditional journalism. In recent years we have witnessed the “battle” between print newspapers and online newspapers published on the Internet. Although publishers and editors have discovered the potential of online newspapers (e.g. economic factors, simple and cheap distribution), in many cases they have become “siblings” of the press. However, there are still many examples suggesting that the online news sites are a standalone competitor to the press. To answer the question of what is the future of print newspapers and whether they have a future in their traditional form, it is necessary to take into account many factors. The authors work with the assumption that newspapers fight to attract the attention of their readers with both content and design. There is a continuous decline in readers’ interest in hard news as they often prefer soft news and entertainment. The arrangement of text in online editions of newspapers is different from the press since the online newspapers have a different structure specifically designed for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets to enable quick and easy manipulation of the online content.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ján Viš ovský AU - Jana Radošinská PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Journalism in the Era of New Media BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.63 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.63 ID - Višovský2016/08 ER -