Collective Intelligence on a Robotic Project, a Pedagogical Experience in a Pre-school Garden at Nariño (Colombia)
- Carmen Alicia Acosta, Maria Alejandra Cabrera, Nohora Lucía Caicedo, Paola Torres, Yudy Andrea Hernández, Maria Inés Medina Villarreal, Angélica María Gómez Medina, Victor Andrés Bucheli
- Corresponding Author
- Carmen Alicia Acosta
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.109How to use a DOI?
- Collective intelligence, pedagogical experience and robotic project in early childhood education
- This paper presents a pedagogical experience to initiate the boys and girls in the technology world in childhood education. The pedagogical experience is based on participatory research, in which, preschool teachers and researchers proposed a didactic method to build robots in a kindergarten. Thus, boys and girls are induced to technology, investigation and research thinking. Furthermore, the meaningful learning was reached through this ludic pedagogical project related to science and technology, where they produced knowledge and technological devices. We have highlights about the relation between technology and early childhood education, in which, one education challenge is to design didactic methods where expert and non-expert knowledge lead to a collective intelligence in class; while teachers play many roles, and preserved the ethic citizens values. We implemented a ludic pedagogical project for collective production of technology (robots). It took place in an institution of early preschool education, at Jardin Infantil "Personitas del Mañana" in Pasto Nariño, Colombia.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Carmen Alicia Acosta AU - Maria Alejandra Cabrera AU - Nohora Lucía Caicedo AU - Paola Torres AU - Yudy Andrea Hernández AU - Maria Inés Medina Villarreal AU - Angélica María Gómez Medina AU - Victor Andrés Bucheli PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Collective Intelligence on a Robotic Project, a Pedagogical Experience in a Pre-school Garden at Nariño (Colombia) BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.109 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.109 ID - Acosta2016/08 ER -