Verifying Student Engagement and Learning Development in Higher Education by SES
- Dian-fu Chang, Wen-ching Chou, Shu-ching Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Dian-fu Chang
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.117How to use a DOI?
- Higher education. Student engagement. Learning development. Social economic status (SES)
- This study aims to explore the student engagement and learning development in higher education based on social economic status. The data were collected by using the student engagement questionnaire in Taiwan. There are 2,651 valid cases were analyzed in this study. Both t-test and one-way ANOVA were applied to interpret the data. The result reveals that the student engagement and learning development are in unsatisfied level; their participations are moderate; attitudes and approaches for learning are in middle level, and students’ learning development is below the average level. Both low and high SES group are inferior in their engagement and learning development. The findings can be used to ameliorate this issue in the higher education system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dian-fu Chang AU - Wen-ching Chou AU - Shu-ching Wu PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Verifying Student Engagement and Learning Development in Higher Education by SES BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.117 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.117 ID - Chang2016/08 ER -