Distortion Reduction Strategies for PCD Runout of Cam Shaft Gear
- V. Kulkarni, M. Dhanvijay
- Corresponding Author
- V. Kulkarni
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.2How to use a DOI?
- Camshaft Gear, PCD Runout, Distortion, Process Capability
- The purpose of heat treatment will be to modify the structure of material and relieve the stresses set up in the material. Rejection of Gears is susceptible, after heat treatment process, due to excess distortion. This leads to risk of getting PCD Runout fired owing to its chronicle failure. Analysis of this variation needs data collection methodology and systematic study of process capability to achieve low losses. Cam Shaft Gear is a vital component in Engine Assembly of automobile and is responsible for fuel injection and power generation in vehicle. In this paper, an attempt is made to formulate research framework to achieve process capability of Cam shaft Gear distortion issues in form of PCD runout, after heat treatment process, by enhancing defect free strategies for reduction of PCD runout. The results showed, enhanced process capability after modification in bar design and correcting quenching fluid velocity.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - V. Kulkarni AU - M. Dhanvijay PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Distortion Reduction Strategies for PCD Runout of Cam Shaft Gear BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.2 ID - Kulkarni2016/12 ER -