Optimization of Process Parameters of Nickel – Chromium Electroplating for Thickness Variation using Genetic Algorithm
- D. Khedekar, V. Gosavi, C. Gogte, P. Brahmankar
- Corresponding Author
- D. Khedekar
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.7How to use a DOI?
- Surface Engineering, Anodic, Semi Bright, Genetic Algorithm
- Surface is very critical from quality point of view which affecting the life and the performance of products. Surface properties can be improved by number of methods, but electroplating is preferred because of its enhanced results at lower cost. In this work nickel chrome is selected for experimentation as it is widely used in industry especially in automotive sectors for plating many of the automotive components. The electroplating of nickel chrome not only improves the surface properties but also aesthetics of the component which is also a vital part of automobile requirement. Experiments are planned by Taguchi L16 orthogonal array and effect of density of solutions and time for processes at two levels on thickness variation is studied. Mathematical model were developed by regression analysis for thickness variation. Genetic Algorithm is used for optimization of process parameters. It was observed that the effect of time is more dominating for the thickness variation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - D. Khedekar AU - V. Gosavi AU - C. Gogte AU - P. Brahmankar PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Optimization of Process Parameters of Nickel – Chromium Electroplating for Thickness Variation using Genetic Algorithm BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.7 ID - Khedekar2016/12 ER -