Mechanical Characterization of Hardness and Surface Roughness for Cryo Treated 7075 Aluminium Alloy
- Dilip Khedekar, Sandeep Patil, C. Gogte
- Corresponding Author
- Dilip Khedekar
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.26How to use a DOI?
- Artificial Aging, Age Hardenable, Cryogenics, Solutionizing
- Aluminium and its alloys provide the solution in many applications as it is light in weight, strong and is highly and easily recyclable. Good part is large amount of material is available for recycling that is easily recycled by just 5% energy required to produce ,without deteriorating the properties so reducing the cost. Aluminium is increasingly the "material of choice" because of strength and environmental advantages. The future is having lot of scope of increasing application, as there is lot of varieties of aluminium alloys. AA 7075 material has very critical applications so more emphasis is on increasing the durability of materials by carrying out proper treatment cycle. In this research work along with the convectional heat treatment cryogenic treatment is carried out. The method, sequence and the parameters of treatment are set. The 7075 aluminium alloy is widely used in many mechanical applications where mostly failure occurs due to wear. In order to improve wear, hardness and surface roughness plays important role. Different heat treatment, cryogenic cycle and their sequence of treatment are studied for yielding better hardness and surface finish increasing the life. This work is carried with basic T6 treatment and intermediate cryogenic treatment at different process parameters showing the changes in hardness and surface roughness, finding the proper cycle and parameters of treatments improving the properties.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dilip Khedekar AU - Sandeep Patil AU - C. Gogte PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Mechanical Characterization of Hardness and Surface Roughness for Cryo Treated 7075 Aluminium Alloy BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.26 ID - Khedekar2016/12 ER -