Microscopic Analysis of Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) of Submerged Arc Welding (saw) Joint for 1018 Mild Steel Sheet
- Tanvir Tadavi, Bhagwan Jogi, Shahaji Dhende, Shruti Banait, Pranita Wagh
- Corresponding Author
- Tanvir Tadavi
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.32How to use a DOI?
- Submerged arc welding (SAW), heat affected zone (HAZ), Microscopic analysis, 1018 Mild steel
- This research presents observation of the microstructure of 1018 mild steel in the heat affected zone (HAZ) region. For SAW process various parameters are chosen such as current, voltage and welding speed. The welding experiments were conducted as per the Taguchi L9 method. The samples of 1018 MS were welded by submerged arc welding (SAW), followed by sample preparation and observation under Nikon microscope. Sample was prepared by cutting, mounting, polishing and etching method. It was observed that the microstructure of the centre of weld zone is completely different from the heat-affected zone. The few defects such as porosity, inclusion due to slag and the variation in microstructure due to temperature difference and cooling rate are observed through microscopic analysis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tanvir Tadavi AU - Bhagwan Jogi AU - Shahaji Dhende AU - Shruti Banait AU - Pranita Wagh PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Microscopic Analysis of Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) of Submerged Arc Welding (saw) Joint for 1018 Mild Steel Sheet BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.32 ID - Tadavi2016/12 ER -