Automated CAD Modelling of Mechanical Components
- Harshadeep Joshi, Pooja Ghole, Shraddha Shirse, Sonu Madke
- Corresponding Author
- Harshadeep Joshi
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.37How to use a DOI?
- GUI, Application Programming Interface (API), Geometric CAD modeling
- Most of the manufacturing industries produce similar components where the designer has to model similar products again and again which is not only time consuming but also introduces operator fatigue and reduction in the productivity of the designer. Different activities of the CAD division can be automated in order to free the operator/designer from the repetitive tasks and perform other important functions such as analysis which cannot be automated. In the present work it has been successfully demonstrated, how the geometric CAD modeling can completely be automated reducing the chances of error and increasing the overall efficiency of the design process.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Harshadeep Joshi AU - Pooja Ghole AU - Shraddha Shirse AU - Sonu Madke PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Automated CAD Modelling of Mechanical Components BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.37 ID - Joshi2016/12 ER -