Experimental Investigations into Powder-Mixed Electrical Discharge Machining (PMEDM) of HCHCr D2 Die Steel
- Rajendra Shinde, Nilesh Patil, D. Raut, Raju Pawade, Prakash Brahmaknakr
- Corresponding Author
- Rajendra Shinde
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.47How to use a DOI?
- PMEDM, Material removal rate, Tool wear rate, Surface roughness, RSM
- The purpose of this paper is to present an experimental work attempting to model and optimize the influencing process parameters involved in powder-mixed electrical discharge machining (PMEDM). Looking at available literature it is observed that a lot of work can be done in the field of electric discharge machining related to surface integrity. In this work Aluminum, Silicon and Silicon Carbide fine abrasive powders with particle concentration of 2 gm /l and size of 44 m were added into the SEO25 (spark erosion oil) dielectric liquid of electrical discharge machine. The experiments were carried out on experimental set up developed in laboratory. HCHCr D2 die steel and copper was used as work piece and tool electrode materials, respectively. Response surface methodology (RSM), employing a face-centered central composite design for three design variables such as peak current (Ip), pulse on-time (Ton), and powder material was used to assess the process performance. Suitable mathematical models for the response outputs were obtained.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rajendra Shinde AU - Nilesh Patil AU - D. Raut AU - Raju Pawade AU - Prakash Brahmaknakr PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Experimental Investigations into Powder-Mixed Electrical Discharge Machining (PMEDM) of HCHCr D2 Die Steel BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.47 ID - Shinde2016/12 ER -