Automatic Classification of M-FISH Human Chromosome Images using Fuzzy Classifier and Statistical Classifier Images using Fuzzy Classifier and Statistical Classifier
- B. Baheti, G. Ahuja, A. Parode
- Corresponding Author
- B. Baheti
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.80How to use a DOI?
- M-FISH, Expectation Maximization, Fuzzy, Bayes
- Identification of abnormalities in the chromosomes is a tedious job. Conventionally gray-scale imaging was used for chromosome analysis and was based on features like relative length, banding pattern, centromere posi-tion. As an alternate, Multiplex fluorescence in-situ hybridization (M-FISH) is a combinatorial labeling tech-nique which does not require these features and has many advantages over the conventional method. Our con-tribution includes implementation of joint segmentation classification technique with a) high classification accu-racy, b) low computational complexity and c) high speed for automated Karyotyping of M-FISH chromosome images. We show effect of image preprocessing on classification accuracy. We propose the use of univariate approach instead of multivariate in Fuzzy and Statistical Classifier for pixel-by-pixel joint segmentation classi-fication which results in significant reduction in computational and time complexity with increased accuracy. The overall classification accuracy with Fuzzy and Statistical classifier is 96.47 % and 97.32 % respectively.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - B. Baheti AU - G. Ahuja AU - A. Parode PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Automatic Classification of M-FISH Human Chromosome Images using Fuzzy Classifier and Statistical Classifier Images using Fuzzy Classifier and Statistical Classifier BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.80 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.80 ID - Baheti2016/12 ER -