The Existence of Leadership Ascetism Value in the Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan in Indonesia
- Ali Ma'ruf, Nunuk Suryani, Hermanu Joebagio
- Corresponding Author
- Ali Ma'ruf
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icclas-17.2018.29How to use a DOI?
- Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan; Leadership; Asceticism; Mesopotamia; Hermeneutic
- This research described the leadership ascetism value in the Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan and its existence on leadership in the Banyumas in particular and in Indonesia in general nowadays. Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan was one of the manuscripts of Banyumas society. Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan contained the context of life values which reflected in the ancestors' story of Banyumas society. One of the values that could not be removed was the leadership value. The leadership in Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan showed that there was a similarity of leadership style in several figures of Banyumas society. In several figures of Banyumas society, it was told that the leaders of Banyumas did asceticism to get certain purposes. This was surely contradictory with the asceticism value which basically removed mundane things. However, in the text of Babad Banyumas, it showed that asceticism was done by the former leaders of Banyumas society. The results of this research found that the leaders of Banyumas did asceticism to keep the power. Even, asceticism was done to keep the grandchildren's future in order to get the power. In this global era, the asceticism value of leadership in Babad Banyumas got many challenges. It could not be separated from the loss of asceticism and leadership value in the young generation of Banyumas society.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ali Ma'ruf AU - Nunuk Suryani AU - Hermanu Joebagio PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - The Existence of Leadership Ascetism Value in the Babad Banyumas Wirjaatmadjan in Indonesia BT - International Conference on Culture and Language in Southeast Asia (ICCLAS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icclas-17.2018.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icclas-17.2018.29 ID - Ma'ruf2017/12 ER -