A virtualization-based method for analysis of Cisco IOS
- Cheng Zeng, Shengli Liu, Ligen Cehn, Da Xiao
- Corresponding Author
- Cheng Zeng
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.29How to use a DOI?
- IOS process, virtualization, dynamic debugging platform, emulator
- Traditional debugging and disassembly tools are much demanding to analyze as well as debug Cisco IOS. At the same time, analysis with these tools isn’t performed in single-step. In addition, some other defects also contribute to its inaccuracy. This paper presents a dynamic debugging platform based on a router emulator. Subsequently, a new virtualization-based method is proposed on the basis of this platform to analyze Cisco IOS. With the control on virtual hardwares’ running status and the trace of virtual router’s running data, it’s feasible to analyze IOS processes in single-step and accurately.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Cheng Zeng AU - Shengli Liu AU - Ligen Cehn AU - Da Xiao PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - A virtualization-based method for analysis of Cisco IOS BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.29 ID - Zeng2013/03 ER -