Adaptive Parameter Estimation Based Congestion Avoidance Strategy for DTN
- Qicai Yang, Futong Qin, Jianquan Bi, Qiubo Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Qicai Yang
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.53How to use a DOI?
- DTN, congestion avoidance, buffer management, packet dropping policy
- Delay Tolerant Networks are characterized by intermittent connectivity, long delays and often constrained bandwidth. Delay Tolerant Networks often use multi-copy routing schemes for message transmission. Multi-copy routing schemes, such as Epidemic Routing, usually lead to congestion problems. In this paper, we propose an Adaptive Parameter Estimation based congestion Avoidance strategy (APEA) for Delay Tolerant Networks. The APEA strategy includes buffer management policy and packet receiving policy. The buffer management policy is designed for improving the delivery ratio, and the packet receiving policy is designed for reducing the network overhead. The simulation results show that the APEA strategy significantly improves the delivery ratio and reduces the network overhead, compared to the default Drop-First-Received strategy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qicai Yang AU - Futong Qin AU - Jianquan Bi AU - Qiubo Xu PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - Adaptive Parameter Estimation Based Congestion Avoidance Strategy for DTN BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.53 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.53 ID - Yang2013/03 ER -