Predistortion Linearization of a Ku-Band TWTA for Communication Applications
- Xinpeng Chen, Dongfang Zhou, Jingyuan Xu, Linchuan Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Xinpeng Chen
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.130How to use a DOI?
- Traveling Wav Tube Amplifier(TWTA), Nonlinear distortion, Predistortion, Expansion of gain and phase
- This paper presents a Ku-band predistortion linearization for traveling wave tube amplifiers(TWTAs), it is composed of GaAs Schottky diode and resistor-terminated transmission line. By controlling the DC bias, the linearizer is capable of providing different combinations of the amplitude and phase characteristics. Otherwise, the predistortion circuit shows the perfect input matching characteristics which makes it small size and simple configuration. The tested results show that about 7dB gain expansion and 45 degree phase shift can be compensated for the TWTA.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xinpeng Chen AU - Dongfang Zhou AU - Jingyuan Xu AU - Linchuan Yang PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - Predistortion Linearization of a Ku-Band TWTA for Communication Applications BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.130 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.130 ID - Chen2013/03 ER -