Reverse k-skyband query based on reuse technology
- Tao Jiang, Bin Zhang, Lu Chen, Qing Liu, Jianyong Yan
- Corresponding Author
- Tao Jiang
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.176How to use a DOI?
- algorithm, skyline query, reverse skyline, skyband
- In this paper, we introduce a new approach to finish reverse k-skyband (RkSB) query which returns all the points in given dataset P whose dynamic k-skyband contains specific query object q. The main ideas include reuse technology and early stopping. The former save the information of node accesses during R-tree search into an auxiliary heap so that dramatically decreases the I/O cost and improves the CPU efficiency. This is because RkSB needs to execute global k-skyband and window query to finish the computation and the reuse information can be used in the phase of window query. The latter improves the efficiency of RkSB computation. The experimental results conducted on real datasets and synthetic datasets show that our proposed algorithm is effective and has a better performance both I/O cost and CPU efficiency than the algorithm based on reverse BBS (Branch and Bound Skyline) method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tao Jiang AU - Bin Zhang AU - Lu Chen AU - Qing Liu AU - Jianyong Yan PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - Reverse k-skyband query based on reuse technology BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.176 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.176 ID - Jiang2013/03 ER -