Research on Large Space Building Fire Positioning Technology Using Video Surveillance Images
- Ying Lu, Hui-qin Wang, Zhen-Bo Bi, Fei XU
- Corresponding Author
- Ying Lu
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.306How to use a DOI?
- SIFT algorithm, fire vide, parallel binocular vision
- The large space building fire source locating technology is an important link to automatic fire detection and extinguishing. This paper introduces a method that determines fire source location using three-dimensional reconstruction techniques based on accurate fire detection. The process includes: feature extraction, feature matching, and 3D spatial locating. The feature extraction process improves the scale invariant feature transform (SIFT) algorithm. It reduces feature points’ 128-dimensional vector description to 16-dimension. The improved SIFT algorithm accelerates feature extraction while maintaining the good invariance of rotation, scale, and lamination factors from the original algorithm. To improve the positioning accuracy of the feature point matching process, this article adopts bi-directional matching method to achieve the exact match of image features according to the principle of unique match of feature points. In order to further improve the positioning accuracy, this article calculates the depth of the fire source from the scene by improving the binocular vision method and the use of the camera-cruise in determining different locations of a fire in the image. And finally it corrects the fire depth information by applying the confidence value.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ying Lu AU - Hui-qin Wang AU - Zhen-Bo Bi AU - Fei XU PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - Research on Large Space Building Fire Positioning Technology Using Video Surveillance Images BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.306 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.306 ID - Lu2013/03 ER -