Social Performance Analysis of Indonesia Islamic Banking Using Islamic Social Reporting Index
- Resa Saridona, Martha Fani Cahyandito
- Corresponding Author
- Resa Saridona
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.29How to use a DOI?
- Social and Environment Performance, Islamic Reporting Index, Indonesia Islamic Banking
- Banking plays a vital role as the world’s economic driver in a country, including Islamic bank, which is now thriving rapidly. However, it could not be denied that there are social and environment impacts which are caused by Islamic bank. The study aims to explore the social and environment performance of Islamic Bank in Indonesia by using Islamic Social Reporting Index. The data analysis used in this study is quantitative content analysis against overall population of Islamic bank in Indonesia. The resource of data is the annual report of Indonesia Islamic banks of the 2013 period. The analysis result shows that in general, social performance of Indonesia Islamic banks, which is revealed in the 2013 annual reports, is in ‘good’ category (statistically fulfilled 61.73% of the overall social performance index). From the whole population of Islamic banks in Indonesia, the Bank Syariah Mandiri (BSM) is acknowledged with the highest rank using the Islamic Social Reporting Index. Meanwhile, the Islamic Victoria Bank is listed in the last rank with adequate predicate. The state-owned enterprise banks have better social performance, followed by Bank Muamalat Indonesia, as the pioneer of Islamic Bank in Indonesia. In general, CSR activities are conducted by Islamic Banks in Indonesia, which focus on social activities, including the aid for privilege community, educational program such as the improvement of educational tools, and also the health care. Unfortunately, there are still few of Islamic Banks who have the concern to the conservation of environment
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Resa Saridona AU - Martha Fani Cahyandito PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Social Performance Analysis of Indonesia Islamic Banking Using Islamic Social Reporting Index BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.29 ID - Saridona2015/05 ER -