Study of Hybrid Energy Storage System for High Rate Power Mitigation in Microgrid
- Pinit Wongdet, Boonruang Marungsri
- Corresponding Author
- Pinit Wongdet
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.8How to use a DOI?
- hybrid energy storage system; battery; supercapacitor; lifespan of bess; microgrid
- Energy storage system (ESS) is integrated to a microgrid for managing the intermittent power from the renewable energy source. The battery energy storage system (BESS) is widely used in a microgrid, but it has various factors such as a high current of discharge/charge that affect the lifespan and quality of the BESS and lead the extravagant investment for replacing the BESS. This paper studies the using HESS consist of BESS and supercapacitor (SC). The SC well operates at the high rapid change of current of discharge/charge. The study was performed in MATLAB/Simulink program. The study results showed the HESS application to accommodate the quick change of load variation or the fluctuation of distributed generator (DG) output that help to reduce the fluctuation in the microgrid. This method can improve power and reduce the stress on BESS for dilating the lifespan.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Pinit Wongdet AU - Boonruang Marungsri PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Study of Hybrid Energy Storage System for High Rate Power Mitigation in Microgrid BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Automation (ICEEA 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.8 ID - Wongdet2018/03 ER -