Single Pole Ground Fault Protection Strategy for MMC-MTDC Based on Voltage Margin Control
- Mingguang Zhang, Jiawen Li
- Corresponding Author
- Mingguang Zhang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.10How to use a DOI?
- topological structure; mathematical model of MMC; multi-point DC voltage control strategy; DC single pole ground fault; implement protection strategy
- Modular multi-level converter has become one of the most prospective converter technologies in HVDC transmission. According to the topological structure and mathematical model of MMC, this paper proposes a multi-point DC voltage control strategy based on voltage margin control, and designs the corresponding controller. On this basis, the influence of DC single pole ground fault on the system is analyzed, and the relevant protection strategy is proposed. Finally, the PSCAD/EMTDC is utilized to simulate the single pole ground fault and implement protection strategy. The simulation results indicate that the system can quickly recover after system fault and improve the system stability, the effectiveness of fault protection is proved.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mingguang Zhang AU - Jiawen Li PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Single Pole Ground Fault Protection Strategy for MMC-MTDC Based on Voltage Margin Control BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Automation (ICEEA 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.10 ID - Zhang2018/03 ER -