Identification of Delta-Aminolevulinic Acid Dehydratase (ALAD) Gene Polymorphism in Students of Elementary School in Kalideres, Jakarta
- Annisa Firdausi, Rini Puspitaningrum, Chris Adhiyanto, Nurmasari Sartono, Afifah izzati Afifah izzati
- Corresponding Author
- Annisa Firdausi
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.17How to use a DOI?
- Lead; Buccal mucosa cells; PCR-ARMS; Wildtype; Heterozigote
- Polymorphism in ALAD genes is form of adaptation mechanism environment changes due to pollutants Pb (Lead) and have an impact on the health risks. Accumulation of Pb in the lowest air pollutants may be a risk to children's health. Children with height range between 100 – 140 cm (6 to 9 years old) may have risks being exposed to Pb. Particulates Pb are found in ±1 meter above ground. The study was done to determine frequencies of genetic polymorphisms ALAD in population students of elementary school in Kalideres, Jakarta. The method used in this study was a descriptive method with laboratory test techniques using PCR-ARMS (Amplification Refractory Mutation System) technique and the completion of questionnaires by the parents for respondent characteristics. The samples were 60 students who were 51.7% were ALAD wildtypes, 48.3% heterozygotic genotypes, and no mutants were found in the population of elementary school children in Kalideres, Jakarta. This study is necessary to identify the individual's genetic susceptibility mainly in polymorphism ALAD gene.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Annisa Firdausi AU - Rini Puspitaningrum AU - Chris Adhiyanto AU - Nurmasari Sartono AU - Afifah izzati Afifah izzati PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Identification of Delta-Aminolevulinic Acid Dehydratase (ALAD) Gene Polymorphism in Students of Elementary School in Kalideres, Jakarta BT - 1st International Integrative Conference on Health, Life and Social Sciences (ICHLaS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.17 ID - Firdausi2017/12 ER -