Functional and Behavioral Adaptation After Intermittent Hypobaric Hypoxia Induction in Sprague-Dawley Rats Brain
- Fanny S. Farhan, Mohamad Sadikin, Sri WA. Jusman, Wawan Mulyawan
- Corresponding Author
- Fanny S. Farhan
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.38How to use a DOI?
- Attitude; contraceptions; Family Planning; Knowledge; IUD
- Intermittent hypobaric hypoxia (IHH) is believed to have neuroprotective effect. IHH induces changes in gene expression and intracellular signaling pathways that lead to the emergence of intracellular adaptation through HIF-1 alpha gene activity. IHH induction decreased brain cortical tissue damage, and increased microvascular density. Further study is needed to understand physiological and behavioral response after IHH induction. The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of IHH on neuronal function in conducting neurotransmitters. A total of 25 Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into 5 groups: 1 group as control and 4 groups exposed to hypobaric hypoxia (HH). 1 group were exposed to single HH, and 3 groups exposed to HH intermittently (1 week interval) in Indonesian Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine using hypobaric chamber. After the induction, the rat brain was taken for immunochemistry analysis. The level of GABAA receptor and glutamate receptor (NMDAR) decreased significantly in single HH group, but raised significantly after intermittent induction compare to control group (p<0.05). IHH induction shows adaptation respons in neurotransmitter conduction in Sprague-Dawley rats brain.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fanny S. Farhan AU - Mohamad Sadikin AU - Sri WA. Jusman AU - Wawan Mulyawan PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Functional and Behavioral Adaptation After Intermittent Hypobaric Hypoxia Induction in Sprague-Dawley Rats Brain BT - 1st International Integrative Conference on Health, Life and Social Sciences (ICHLaS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.38 ID - Farhan2017/12 ER -